This article is about Excuses given by people when not paying their rail fare. For other uses, see Excuses
They are sourced from various Press articles and show how stupid people are in making their excuses.
- But I'm a child of God
- I thought I was a child until I was 21 - An adult travelling with a child ticket
- Do I need a ticket? I thought the railway was free.
- I've never paid before so I don't see why I should pay now
- I thought by hiding in the luggage rack you wouldn’t see me
- If the ticket man doesn’t see me then I don’t need one.
- I’m a freeman of the land, I don’t recognise the law and the law does not apply to me.
- I'm a part-time police officer, so I don't have to pay.
- I didn't hear the conductor asking if I needed a ticket; I was asleep/had my headphone on/was looking out the window
- I didn't realise it wasn't a first class ticket - excuse made on Dec 11 2015 on a train out of Waterloo
- I didn’t think you would accept my fare
- I fell through the door and landed on a seat
- My uncle is the line manager here (said to the line manager)
- I bought a ticket earlier, but I've lost it
- I don't need a ticket as I'm getting a lift back
- My mum’s got my ticket and we buried her this morning.
- You are a public service and I paid my taxes, now you are looking more money
- My mum/dad have paid for my ticket at the other end
- I’m related to the Queen so I don’t need a ticket.
- But I'm from Sevenoaks
- My brother is a solicitor and you will be in big trouble
- I am only travelling one stop
- "Train companys are worse than fuckin police" David, 28. Hannah: "Sup huni?" David: "Fined me cos no ticket but not my fault had no money!"
- I thought it was still 2011. (Student with out-of-date card)
- I thought it was free on a Sunday
- I just bought this ticket before I got on the train, your machines must be wrong" (Customer with out-of-date ticket)
- There was no toilet paper in your toilet, so I had to use the ticket
- I only got on the train to use the toilet and it left while I was in there.
- What’s a ticket?
- The bloke told me last week to buy a ticket, but this week I forgot
- The guy at the station said you don't need tickets for these trains
- I’m in the Zimbabwean SAS, on covert ops.
- ↑ @Suburban_Jogger Twitter Dec 11 2015
- ↑ @FBmeltdown on Twitter, Jun 11 2013
- ↑ Fare dodger 'used train ticket as toilet paper', BBC 2013 Oct 3